Establishment of youth volunteer centers was decided by the Ministry of Culture and Sport.
The Korea Youth Volunteer Center(KYVC) was established at the Korea Institute for Youth Development(KIYD) in Seoul.
Local youth volunteer centers in 7 major cities and 9 provinces were opened.
The National Council of Youth Volunteer Centers was established at the Korea Youth Volunteer Center in Seoul.
- To provide information on volunteer service for the youths
- To develop programs for the promotion of volunteer activities throughout the country
- To train leaders for youth volunteering
- To contribute to the advancement of community service through development of volunteerism in Korea
Research and Development
- Survey on voluntary activities in Korea
- Development of youth volunteer programs
- Development of various manuals
- Policy development
Promotion of Volunteer Activities
- Introduction of youth volunteers to various organizations for service
- Providing information on Youth volunteer services
- Developing various fields for volunteer service
- Training youth volunteers
- Training volunteer leaders
- Training school teachers
Public Relations and Cooperation
- Promoting public relations for advancement of public recognition
- Publishing manuals for youth volunteer institutions
- Publishing newsletters for youth volunteer institutions
- Holding youth volunteer exposition and volunteer festival
- Cooperation with other youth volunteer centers
- Exchanging information at of nation and international levels
Computer Network for Volunteer Service of Youths
- Recording volunteer service through computerized system
- Establishing data base programs on youth volunteers
- Information service through personal computers, etc.